The worldwide pandemic has reached Hawaii and we all must take precautions to protect ourselves against the coronavirus.
For national information on COVID-19, visit the Center for Disease (CDC) website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
For local information on COVID-19, visit the Hawaii Department of Health website at: https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/advisories/novel-coronavirus-2019/
Current Senior Shopping Hours (hours subject to change)
Don Quijote: Daily – 6am to 7am
Tamuras: Monday, Wednesday and Friday – 7:15am to 8:00am
Foodland: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday – First hour of business (5am or 6am) Depending on store.
Times: Daily – 5am-7am (6am – 7am Certain locations)
Wholefoods: Daily – 7am to 8am (First Hour)
Target: Wednesday – 7am to 8am
Safeway: Tuesday and Thursday – 7am to 8am
Walmart: Tuesday – 6am to 7am
Down to Earth: Daily – 7am to 8am
Ba Duan Jin Exercise Video
A simple 6-minute exercise we can all do at home. It can help maintain good health and strengthen your immunity!
Senior Service Links
- 77% of victims of falls in Hawaii are aged 65 years or older
- Approximately every 5 hours, an elderly person living in Hawaii is hospitalized as a result of falling.
- In Hawaii, on average, 65 seniors die, over 1,700 are hospitalized, and almost 4,500 are treated in an emrgency department because of falls every year.
- Falls cause 80% of the hospitalizations for traumatic brain injuries.
- 75% of all falls among seniors occur in the home.
- 37% are discharged to a skilled nursing facility and 14% to a rehabilitation facilty incurring additional costs to insurance companies and families.
- The number of falls increases significantly across the senior age range.
- Seniors who have fallen are 2-3 times more likely to fall again.
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Have your health care provider review you medications
- Have your vision checked
- Make your home safer