We are excited to announce that KIKU TV will begin re-airing the first 21 episodes of Kirin Ga Kuru starting Sunday, August 2nd.
NHK has given KIKU permission to re-air these programs as we await new episodes, which were delayed due to Covid-19 shutting down production. A different episode will air each Tuesday night at 8, and Sunday night at 7.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to refresh your memory of this Taiga Drama!

Click here for details of this show.

7 Responses to We Re-Air First 21 Episodes of Kirin Ga Kuru

1. Phyllis ishikawa says:

My last dvr recording of Kirin G Kuru was 8/16/20. I have it programmed to record & checked it was still so. Checked Guide & saw it was scheduled to play tonight 8/30 at 8 pm but wasn’t marked to be recorded. I knew KIKU had problems getting current so was replaying episode 1-21. I was happy because I missed the very beginning. Did I miss 8/17-8/30 recordings? Thank you.

We began re-airing Kirin ga Kuru episodes 1-21 on Sunday, August 2. Each Sunday (7-8pm) and Tuesday (8-9pm) airing is a different episode. Between 8/17 and 8/30, we aired episode #6 (8/18), #7 (8/23), #8 (8/25), #9 (8/30).

2. Stuart says:

What happened to Oishii Gohan that was to air on Sunday 2nd August at the time Kirin Ga Kuru is now being shown? We’ve seen all Kirin Ga Kuru and Oishii Gohan episodes. When will you show the Oishii Gohan episode that should have been shown on 2nd August?

• Kei says:

Because the first episode of Kirin Ga Kuru is 90 minute long, we scheduled only one episode (#23) of Oishii Gohan on 8/2. So you didn’t miss anything. 🙂

There are 45 episodes total, so from the next Sunday (8/9) we go back to the original schedule and air two episodes.

I am sorry for the confusion. We have the latest info on our Facebook page.

• Stuart says:

Thank you. We missed the 8/2 episode. Our DVR is set to record the series. The guide on Spectrum said Oishii Gohan, and the DVR thought it was recording Oishii Gohan. When we opened the DVR it also showed it recorded Oishii Gohan. However, when we pressed play we were watching Kirin Ga Kuru! We deleted it after a few minutes. I know, #firstworldproblem 🙂 It sounds like Spectrum’s guide isn’t updated when you change the schedule.

This is a major frustration for us. The company Spectrum contracts to produce its guide isn’t always up to date and accurate. This is especially frustrating for an independent station like KIKU, which airs programs unfamiliar to a national guide service.

3. Norman Uyeda says:

Yay! I missed the first several episodes and can now catch up. Probably the ONLY bright result of this Covid mess.