Sweet Bread & Almond Cream Bread
(made from ½ cup salt-free butter, ½ cup sugar, 1 beaten egg and ½ cup almond powder)
1. Whisk together salt, sugar and beaten egg in a bowl. Add milk.
2. Add 2-1/2 cups flour and dry yeast, and mix with a scraper. Then knead by hand.
3. Place the dough on a molding board, add ½ cup flour and knead it back and forth by hand. Knead by tossing dough to board for a while.
4. When the dough becomes smooth and soft, add salt-free butter and knead into dough.
5. Keep kneading until you can spread the dough thinly. Then, wrap the dough with a wax paper and plastic bag to prevent from dryness. Refrigerate for 8 hours.
6. When the dough rises 2.5 times, take the dough out of the plastic bag and remove the wax paper. Knead lightly and let it stand in room temperature (77-82 deg F).
7. Cut the dough in half and press lightly with rolling pin. Lightly form one into round shape and the other into a square shape.
8. Cover with dish towel, damp cloth, and plastic wrap (in this order) to prevent from dryness. Let it stand for about 20 minutes.
9. Form the round dough and place it into a cake pan (6 inches in diameter, lined with wax paper).
10. Form the other 1/2 of dough to a square (about 6 inches x 10 inches) with rolling pin.
11. Make almond cream by mixing salt-free butter, sugar, beaten egg and almond powder. Spread almond cream on the dough evenly and tri fold dough horizontally then fold again 2 times vertically.
12. Roll folded dough like a snake and place in another cake pan (6 inches in diameter, lined with wax paper). Put almonds into the dough.
13. Cover with dish towel, damp cloth, and plastic wrap (in this order) to prevent from dryness. Warm oven for about 1 minute and turn off. Put the cake pans in the oven and let stand for about 1 hour.
14. When the dough doubles in size, take it out from the oven and remove the dish towel, damp cloth and plastic bag. Bake them in a 400 deg F oven for about 20 minutes.
15. Take out of oven and let cool. Serve and enjoy.