Stewed Pork and Bamboo Shoots
Ingredients (2 People)
Boiled Fresh Bamboo Shoots
Shavings of Dried Bonito
1 small package
2 tablespoons2 tablespoons
1. Chop bamboo shoots coarsely and put them into a pan. Pour just enough water to cover and boil, then drain.
2. Cut pork belly into cubes. Heat the pan, add a tablespoon of cooking oil and fry the bamboo shoots. Add pork belly and cook.
3. When the color of pork belly is changed, add water (a little bit less than just enough to cover), cover with lid and cook over high heat. When it comes to boil, skim the oil off the top, reduce heat to low, add the sugar and sake. Cover with lid and let boil for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the soy sauce and boil, stirring occasionally until the liquid is gone.
5. Add dried bonito shavings and mix. Sprinkle Szechuan pepper as desired and serve.
Program is fully subtitled in English