Today's Menu 2 #8 Bamboo Shoot Steak
Bamboo Shoot “Steak”
Ingredients (4 Servings)
Boiled Bamboo Shoots
Dried Bonito Flakes
- Slice the boiled bamboo shoots into 3/4 inch pieces. Make a cut in the surface and sprinkle potato starch.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the sliced bamboo until golden.
- Heat soup stock, mirin and soy sauce in a pan.
- When it boils, add dried bonito flakes. Bring it to a boil again, then strain.
- Boil horse beans in boiling water.
- Add sauce to bamboo shoots and cook over low heat.
- Place bamboo shoots on a plate and serve horse bean and grated radish on the side. Enjoy!
Bamboo Shoot Steak (Japanese)