Egg Soup with Broccoli and Fried Tofu
Ingredients (4 people)
Gai Lan (Chinese Broccoli) or Broccolini
Light Soy SauceSalt
1. Add a dash of salt to boiling water and boil broccoli for a short period of time. Remove and put in ice water. Drain and squeeze well. Cut 1 inch pieces.
2. Stick a chopstick into fried tofu and pour boiling water to remove oil. Drain it with paper towel. Cut it in two, lengthwise, then into thin strips.
3. Break eggs into a bowl and beat.
4. Put soup stock, mirin, light soy sauce and salt in a pan and heat. Add fried tofu and broccoli.
5. When it comes to a boil, add beaten egg and cover the pan. Cook until eggs are done, serve and enjoy.