Oceanic (Spectrum) is making changes to the services they provide to cable subscribers. If you are a Spectrum subscriber and you currently connect the cable line directly into your television (versus through a cable box), you will lose the ability to receive any channels within the next month. You may have already received a notice from Spectrum informing you of this. Please do not ignore the notice. You will need to order equipment by February 13, 2018, in order to continue to watch KIKU and other channels on your television.

If you already have an existing set-top-box, you should not be affected by this change.

27 Responses to To our viewers who subscribe to Oceanic (Spectrum):

1. Gary E Demaree says:

I can no longer get kiku from spectrum using a cable card through a Tivo box. What’s the problem?

2. Masa says:

What happened to homicide detective 6? I have been watching and now it’s gone

3. Clara R. says:

Just watched the final episode of Behind the Noren 4 – and didn’t want it to end with the added character and storyline in this series. Even my husband was hooked on it. He vowed he would never get hooked again after we went through years of Oshin. Is there a Behind the Noren 5?

• Maiko says:

Unfortunately, Season 4 was the final. The actress, Yoko Nogiwa (Big Okami), passed away and series was ended. Thank you for watching it!!

4. John Gallagher says:

What happened to Soko Ga Japan which aired on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 7:00 pm? I watched this program regurelay and suddenly it is not being shown. I think this is a great program.

5. Tadd says:

I just noticed that the channel is now full screen. Please go back to the wide screen version with the black lines. Everything looks too zoomed in. Why the change of a sudden?

• Maiko says:

It has been changed after we had power outage last week. Now we are working on it, but it needs a little more days to get it back to original. Sorry for making you uncomfortable.

• Atsuko Meyer says:

So its 10/21/19 and when I watch FCI news express it is very zoomed in as it has been for a while and I can’t read all the heading and side notes – what should I do?

• Maiko says:

We didn’t recognize those kind of trouble on our TV when we monitored this morning. The screen settings on your TV might have been changed by accident. Could you check screen ratio or display setting? It should be changed as “Standard” if it’s “WIDE” or “Movie”.

6. Hein says:

We want Ang Dalawang Mrs. Real (The Other Mrs. Real), Sinungaling Mong Puso (Cruel Lies), My Mother’s Secret, Temptation of Wife, and Beautiful Strangers to air on KIKU TV and please make this possible to your viewers and this is all filipino drama.

For more info visit the website I provided

7. Evan T says:

FYI, an alternative to having to order a cable box from spectrum is instead using the spectrum app on a roku or smart tv. The spectrum app is able to stream the majority of not all of the stations you normally get. I have a cable box in the living room but watch dont want to rent a cable box for other TVs I have in the house and instead stream kiku on my roku that I use in the bedroom.

8. Sharyn Taniguchi says:

We have the cable box but today there is no channel 89. Did you change channels?

• Krystel Hayashi says:

My dad is upset because he’s missing his show. The channel just seems to have disappeared. We have the cable box. What’s going on?!

9. DAVID LEONG says:

Hi Phyllis,
    What is the best way to contact Spectrum to voice my support to get Kiku on HD?

p.s. Thank you for all the excellent Japanese shows that you put on. You sure leave early every morning!

10. Mark Slattery says:

How come I can get Sumo Highlights over the air in Denver, but I can’t get them on cable or air. I’m missing the May Tournament, and Hakuho is back!

11. B Johnsen says:

Thank you for the heads up. I was relieved to learn that this switch is currently being rolled out on Oahu only. Neighbor islands (I’m on Maui) will be sometime in the future and subscribers will be notified well in advance.

12. Rod says:

Where is you on-air antenna located? I have a decent antenna and live in town but can only get you on cable. Otherwise I’d see you in HD.

We broadcast from Palehua Ridge, which is at the top of Makakilo. Our office is located downtown, and we can get our signal over the air.

13. Vince says:

How can consumer show their support. KIKU needs to move to HD.

We agree. We are broadcasting in HD and would like to be on Spectrum’s HD tier. We need your support to contact Spectrum and let them know you want to see KIKU in HD.

14. David Taylor-Garcia says:

When is Spectrum going to off an HD channel for KIKU?