INSURANCE SENIOR CARE/SUPPORT OTHER
Aloha Nursing & Rehab Centre
Arcadia Retirement Residence
Castle Medical Center
Central Union Church Adult Day Care
Hale Ho Aloha
Hawaii Health Systems
Holiday Retirement Assisted Living
Home Care Solutions
Hookele Health Navigators
Kahala Nui and Hiolani Care Center
Kokua Kalihi Valley Elderly Services
Kuakini Adult Day Services
Live Well at Iwilei Adult Day Care
Malama Adult Day Care
Manoa Cottage Kaimuki
Manoa Senior Care
Oahu Care Facility
Palolo Chinese Home
Pearl City Nursing Home
Regency at Hualalai
Regency at Puakea
Safe Harbor Homecare
The Caregiver Foundation
The Plaza Assisted Living
The Salvation Army Adult Day Services
- •77% of victims of falls in Hawaii are aged 65 years or older
- •Approximately every 5 hours, an elderly person living in Hawaii is hospitalized as a result of falling.
- •In Hawaii, on average, 65 seniors die, over 1,700 are hospitalized, and almost 4,500 are treated in an emrgency department because of falls every year.
- •Falls cause 80% of the hospitalizations for traumatic brain injuries.
- •75% of all falls among seniors occur in the home.
- •37% are discharged to a skilled nursing facility and 14% to a rehabilitation facilty incurring additional costs to insurance companies and families.
- •The number of falls increases significantly across the senior age range.
- •Seniors who have fallen are 2-3 times more likely to fall again.
- •Begin a regular exercise program
- •Have your health care provider review you medications
- •Have your vision checked
- •Make your home safer