46 Responses to For our over-the-air viewers

1. maluhia kauanoe says:

I got hooked to this program The Other Mrs. Real already in progress for weeks so I didn’t know the history storyline but I could make the links. Enjoyed the drama and then the last episode was seen Friday October 25. I’ve watched Filipino dramas before, the cast of actors were awesome. mahalo. I am still waiting for Partners 14 any updates. Oshin has totally got my attention from episode one just viewed Sunday/Tuesday episodes WOW the transformation of each actress. The age process of Oshin, to me was smoothe, in my mind I still can visualize Oshin the little feisty girl, the teenager that became a tough resilient mature woman who took care of her family and now a much older Oshin. Still. feisty and resilient but her state of mind is tough.

• Maiko says:

Thank you for watching our shows!! We are glad you enjoy them. Partners 14 will be started in 2020, and Oshin will end on 1/14/20. Aloha!

2. Paulette says:

I very much enjoyed watching “When I Need You” filipino soap opera, but did not watch from the beginning.
    Does anyone sell the DVD, “When I Need You”?

3. Riza says:

cant afford spectrum service anymore, just disconnect today , is there a way i can stream your station? if not , do you sell complete Oshin DVD with english subtitle?

4. Cathleen says:

I look forward to your Filipino programming .. My mother used to watch it and looked forward to the 4:00 PM daily drama that was shown. After her passing I started to record that time slot and was surprised at the programs you provided . You are doing a great service. As a matter of fact I also watch many of your Japanese Programs. Thank you very much.

• Maiko says:

Thank you for sharing your story. We are glad that your mom enjoyed Filipino programmings and you enjoy Japanese ones not only Filipino ones. Thank you, too!

5. Tyler says:

My family hasn’t been able to receive KIKU over-the-air for the past 3-4 days. My relative really enjoys your programming and are wondering if there has been a transmission issue with your towers?

Please advise, thank you.

• sarahm says:

Hi Tyler! I had the same problem! I re-positioned my antenna (from Makiki) a few degrees SW (towards Makakilo) and kept scanning until I got a signal. It was trial & error. The signal disappeared after I scanned for KITV when they switched frequency.

• Tyler says:

Thanks for your reply, Sarah. I tried doing so and even following OTA apps with directional suggestions and nothing worked. I will try move my antenna SW again to try and get it working. Thank you again!

• sarahm says:

Auwe! I lost KIKU’s signal again when I tried to catch the Merrie Monarch Festival on Ch 13-2. Found out too late that Hawaii News Now streams on my Roku. Now I’m trying to catch KIKU’s signal again and failing miserably. I wonder if another station’s signal is affecting the reception. I am not a happy camper. :o(

• sarahm says:

Ok. Got the signal back by physically lowering the antenna about 6 inches.

• sarahm says:

For the past several days, KIKU’s OTA signal goes down at 8 pm, then works again when FCI News comes on at 9 pm. I couldn’t watch Oshin on Tues, had to watch replay on Weds daytime or catch Sunday at 7pm. It is still very glitchy during the day, but I could at least get the gist of the story line. Tonight, I can’t watch the 2nd half of Mystery Theater, because at 8pm the OTA signal died. The TV literally goes blank w/ “Weak Signal” message. What could be interfering at the same time every night? strange.

• Tyler says:

Not sure, but at least you are able to pick up some kind of signal.

It’s been over 6 months and haven’t been able to receive anything since KITV updated their transmission signal. 🙁

6. patty says:

can kikutv have an app so Ican load it to my amazon fire stick since I no longer subscribe to cable

• Maiko says:

Many of the programs we air are only licensed for Hawaii. That means we would have to geo-fence (limit) our programs to viewing only in Hawaii. We are working with companies we license programs from to allow viewing outside Hawaii, but until then, cannot offer a KIKU App.

7. Keri says:

Do you have plans to repeat the episodes of Partners 13? I only got the first 8 episodes!!

And will there be a Partners 14?

Mahalo.

• Maiko says:

We may repeat the “Partners 13” one more time. So you still have chance to catch up with whole episodes of it. And we definitely will bring Partners 14!!

8. Lala says:

Can I watch online live?

• Maiko says:

Hawaiian Telcom has streaming service of KIKU’s shows only in Hawaii.

• Sherry says:

I called Hawaiian Telcom and was told streaming KIKUTV is not available on their service. (I have Hawaiian Telcom) I’m not sure if this service changed since Nov 2018 however, as of July 2019 it’s not available. Please let me know if there is a way to watch online.

9. John Kalama says:

I’m unable to catch anything over-the-air from your station. Will you install repeaters, or do something to make it easier for customers to receive a signal in metropolitan Honolulu? I understand the signal is being broadcast from Makakilo.

10. Dragon says:

Is it possible to stream shows on your website? I would like to watch “Segodon”? I am on the neighbour island. Thank-you

11. GILBERT MATTOS says:

WILL KIKU TV HAVE OVER THE AIR RECEPTION IN HILO?

12. James Gaffney says:

Please provide over-the-air KIKU on Maui. Can no longer afford Spectrum.

13. Hein says:

SInce that KIKU TV airs filipino programming i’d encourage you to acquire some GMA’s program such as Ang Dalawang Mrs. Real (The Other Mrs. Real), Temptation of Wife, Beautiful Strangers, Sinungaling Mong Puso (Cruel Lies), My Mother’s Secret, and Once Upon a Kiss. These shows will make surely viewers will watch it as we requested to aired on Kiku TV as part of Asian programming.

• Maiko says:

We will check those shows. Thank you for your requests!!

• Maiko says:

We are going to air “Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho” in 2019! Thank you for your suggestion!

• Hein says:

Please include these GMA series: Anna Karenina (2013 TV series), Sana Ay Ikaw Na Nga, Mundo Mo’y Akin, Magkano Ba Ang Pag-Ibig (Weath and Passion), and Maghihintay Pa Rin.

• Hein says:

After When I Need You finale, please air ABS-CBN On the Wings of Love, including this ABS-CBN shows: Pangako Sa’Yo, Got to Believe, Forevermore, Wildflower and Be Careful With My Heart.

• Maiko says:

Thank you for watching our Filipino shows! We noted your requests. Aloha

• Cathleen says:

• Hein says:

as you noted all these requests I suggest you to delete all of these comments as part of privacy.

14. Anna Byerly says:

Since public broadcast went digital many of viewers lost local programming. For last 2 years we subscribed cable but only program we enjoy watching is KIKUtv, and spending over $100+ every month for just watching only KIKUtv channel got to be too expensive so we disconnected. Is there in a future a repeater can be installed somehow so people in the valley can watch TV?

Are you on a neighbor island? We do not have plans to install repeaters on the neighbor islands at this time. Please give us an idea where you live so we can help you.

• Stitch says:

I live in Big Island. KIKU was one of several stations I enjoyed watching on satellite tv, but it was too expensive, I ended to cancel the service. I tried to get KIKU channel by air view, but couldn’t receive signal, that’s because no repeaters for neighbor islands…. please advice how I can enjoy your program.

15. Gerben says:

Thanks for airing Mystery Theatre, I like it a lot!

Why did KIKU change the name from ‘Mystery Theater’ to ‘Mystery Theatre’? Also, are there any plans to reair older Mystery Theatre episodes?

• Maiko says:

We are glad that you like the “Mystery Theatre”! We have never changed its name so far. You can see it on our website. http://kikutv.com/mystery-theatre-2/
      Regarding older episodes, we can’t air them after expiration date as all episodes are controlled by license agreement. So we keep bringing new ones! Mahalo

• Keri says:

When I click the link above I get a ‘Not Found’ page:

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.

Is there a corrected URL?

16. Hiro says:

Well I pretty much missed the whole series of rikuoh.
    By any chance you have a retelicas of this program?

• Maiko says:

Oh sorry that you missed much episodes. We will re-telecast it again in the future but we can’t say yet when it is.

17. Hiro says:

What happen to episode 2,3,4,6 and 8 of rikuoh although I didn’t see episode 2. I’d like to know for future recordings when you retelicas this show?

• Maiko says:

Hello, thank you for watching Rikuoh!
      The air schedule of Rikuoh as follows.
      Episode 1-part.1 (aired on 4/15), Episode 1-part.2 (aired on 4/22), Episode 2 (aired on 4/29), Episode 3 (aired on 5/6), Episode 4 (will be 5/13 9-10PM), Episode 5 (1.5hours, will be 5/20 9-10:30PM), Episode 6 (will be 5/27 9-10PM), Episode 7 (will be 6/3 9:30-10:30PM), Episode 8 (will be 6/10 9-10PM), Episode 9 (1.5hours, will be 6/17 9-10:30PM), and Episode 10 (Final, 1.5hours, will be 6/24 9-10:30PM).
      Rikuoh has different total run time by episodes, and different start time on only Sunday 6/3. Please don’t miss it!
      Aloha