68 Responses to Lone Wolf With Cub

1. Napu Jaurequi says:

Aloha! I have been a Lone Wolf TV series for over a year now. I totally enjoyed all the episodes I have seen so far and request that KIKU continue to run the entire series. This is such a quality program even though it was filmed in the ’70’s. I feel the storylines, costuming, and action scenes of feudal Japan are so interesting and way more entertaining than most of the current tv shows on other stations. I did notice that over this past weekend and this week, Lone Wolf was not on the schedule. Was it taken off for some reason?

• Maiko says:

We’re glad you are enjoying Lone Wolf with Cub. We do plan on airing the next season in 2020. Last week, we pre-empted regular programming to run a week of special programs. Lone Wolf will be back this Friday.

2. Stuart says:

In a previous comment I wrote the show looked old. That was a typo. I meant it looked odd, a kid with a strange haircut being buggied by a stoic samurai. I’m glad that nowadays we have websites like yours which explain the synopsis of the plot. In fact, old is good because that’s what makes a vanishing treasure. No need for newer reboots or CGI. Just classic chanbara swordplay with a classic actor like Nakamura Kinnosuke who by the way was the best Miyamoto Musashi and who also played in the best Ogami Ittou series.

3. Stuart Ueda says:

This show is so good you can repeat season 2 play season 3 repeat it and restart again at season 1. My parents used to watch it and I never did because it looked old. Now I’m their age and I finally discovered it. It’s as good as the American tv show the Fugitive. What’s more, Ogami is just as much a justice seeker as Abarenbo Shogun or Toyama no Kinsan. For the anime generation, this show was ahead of its time because it all started from the manga Kozure Okami. Arigato Kiku-TV!

4. Stuart Ueda says:

Season 2’s last show was broadcast 8/23 and 8/24. On 8/30 the broadcast appeared to be from Season 2. When will Season 3 be broadcast on Kiku?

5. Stuart says:

Season 2’s last show was broadcast the week of August 23. On August 30 the show looked like a repeat from season 2.
    When will season 3 be broadcast?

6. Day says:

Now that season 2 has ended, is there any chance of rebroadcasting season 1? Or will you go directly to season 3? I never get tired of the series.

7. KENT S says:

just started watching Lone Wolf with Cub about a month ago by mistake but now I’m so hook on the show that I make it ritual to watch or tape the show Just love it!

8. Robert says:

I agree. Great show!

9. My husband and I look forward every week to watch Lone Wolf with Cub. Thank you for airing this show, we sure enjoy it a lot. Our extended in law family from the mainland were stationed in Okinawa and remember watching the show as kids. Pretty cool.

10. RR says:

Sorry Yoko Nogiwa passed away. Any chance of showing the Key Hunter?

11. Jayneen says:

Our family watches every Friday and even watch the replays on Saturday. My 2 yr old son loves to watch it because of Daigoro. It’s become our weekly routine.

12. Dana says:

This is the best! I love it and watch both days!

13. P Denise La Costa says:

I love KIKU. My mom and I watch it from Kuru Kuru through the shows that ends at 9:00, BORDER was fascinating. Will there be a Season 2? I can usually figure out the “who done it” shows on American TV but your shows have me stumped every single time! 😉 Is there any way to see past seasons of Partners? Keep up the great programming.

• Maiko says:

Thank you for watching KIKU! Regarding BORDER, there is not Season 2, just only two hours special. But we are not sure we can get its license. And regarding Partners series, you might be able to watch them with pay-per-view on internet.

14. yayoi says:

tonight’s episode of Lone Wolf was a repeat. does that mean you will now be broadcasting the entire show as repeats? mahalo!

15. yayoi says:

yes, they needed a Continuity Dept. that eye mix-up was hilarious. and, a much younger and different actor played Retsudo. also noticed that during some fight scenes, stunt workers are used with no attempt to cover their faces and they’re so obviously not Kinnosuke.

16. Nelson L. Ahia says:

Years ago Hawaii PBS had a show about an artist who walked about with khaki shorts and undershirt begging for gohan. He would get involved with what is happening in the village and leave a drawing behind when he left. My kids enjoyed watching it now they are 34 and 30 and on their own. Would love to see it again.

17. melvin says:

retsudo right eye ? / left eye got poked by ogami ?? also different actor ?

• yayoi says:

18. Lorna says:

Love the Lone Wolf series. Thank you very much for bringing such a good actor as Kinnosuke back to life.
    Wondering if you could consider bringing “Making it
    Through” to your station again? Not for me but for my husband who loved it who is requesting it.
    I am more a samurai fan going back many, many years.
    Finally, please also consider repeating episodes from your website. Thanks again.

19. M. Young says:

Notice that the last episode for Series 1 was shown this past weekend. Missed the beginning episodes.
    Will Series 1be repeated?

20. Ken says:

Thank you for broadcasting Lone Wolf with Cub. I enjoyed watching samurai dramas on TV with my dad back in the 1970’s.

Would love to see Koya No Yojimbo and Koya No Suronin again. Next to Kikaidaa, these were our favorite TV shows in my hanabata days.

21. Ron says:

Does anyone besides me think that Daigoro looks like Shohei Ohtani?

22. Franklin says:

Please show the early Partners Series such as series 1,2,3 etc. I’m not much of TV watcher but I do Partners

23. Haj says:

any plans to bring back any of the Sonny Chiba series – Yagyu or Hattori Hanzo

24. Gerald says:

Wasn’t Tomisaburo Wakayama the original Ogami Itto in the Lone Wolf with Cub series?

• Maiko says:

The original movie “Lone Wolf With Cub” was by Tomisaburo Wakayama, but the original TV series was by Kinnosuke Yorozuya.

25. Akichan says:

I LOVE watching Lone Wolf With Cub. I think little Daigoro is the cutest kid I’ve ever seen. So kawaii! Will you be showing all episodes until the very last episode? I’d like to see how it ends. Thanks for bringing this show.

• Maiko says:

Yes, Daigoro is really cute and his acting is great. First season, airing now, is totally 26 episodes. And we are planning to bring another 26 episodes as second season later.

26. ckt says:

Was surprised to find out that the main character is played by the former Nakamura Kinnosuke who was one of my favorite samurai actors when i was growing up.
    Thank you for showing this program. I love it!

27. ハッピー says:

Will there ever be an agreement for more variety shows? maybe even a TBS branch to Hawaii? I truly enjoy the dramas but more variety shows would be awesome to see, 水曜日のダウンタウン (Wednesdays Downtown) or even some old Gaki no Tsukai episodes would be a dream to just see on TV. Though they can be crude but people enjoy toilet comedy sometimes. I remember there being a channel before in Hawaii (or it could’ve been old kiku) that had funny shows like the original Ninja Warrior and other prank shows. Big fan of Japanese humor, wished it reached out more.

28. donghai says:

It’s so good to see a classic show like “Lone Wolf with Cub” on KIKU!! Another classic drama I would love to see again is “Our Journey” (Oretachi no tabi). Are there any plans to get it in the future? Thank you so much

29. Seaborn says:

Does Lone Wolf and Cub play only on Saturday evening, or is there another time? Another day?
    Thanks for any replay

• Maiko says:

We air it on Friday 8-9PM and repeat the same episode on Saturday 7-8PM. So you have chance to see it twice a week.

30. Steve says:

Mahalo for bringing the 70’s Lone Wolf TV series to KIKU.
    I’ve always been a fan of the cinema version and this television series compares very well with interesting plots and great acting.
    Comparing the movie and TV versions, both actors playing “Ito” are excellent. I like “Daigoro” in the TV series better.

31. Laura says:

Is Yoko Nogiwa in both “Behind the Noren” and “Lone Wolf with Cub”?

32. Skooby says:

Wow glad someone brought Lone Wolf back.
    Any plans for the Blind Swordsman?

33. richard says:

classic
    nice swordplay
    the hardest is to see the final episode
    Japanese “rambo” with “dotanuki” katana

34. Keith says:

Yes, I agree and am thankful that this is being shown!